In early September we supported the launch of the new We All Matter, eh? campaign to encourage Guernsey to ‘Think Differently about Disability’ and to #MakeAChange. We have been involved in the latter part of the project encouraging users to engage in the campaign through a number of videos focusing on a range of different areas.
These videos aim to promote inclusion in the community and to encourage a greater understanding of disability here in the Bailiwick. The team at We All Matter, eh? want to ensure that disabled islanders are fully involved in island life, whether that is eating out, shopping, working, playing sport or getting involved in an activity.
The campaign is an important catalyst to change and celebrating the United Nations’ International Day of Persons with Disabilities which is taking place on 3rd December, only 48 days away. We have already begun delivering video content on their social media pages and will continue right up till the start of December. The fundraising campaign has started which encourages many people to get involved and they feature many ideas on their website – matter.gg. A key part of the campaign is providing practical ways in which islanders can make changes in a variety of different aspects of life. To date these have included:
- Improving your building’s access
- Accessible tourism
- Improving your disability awareness
- Improving your employment and disability knowledge
- Making your website more accessible
- Accessible print
- Improving the accessibility of your employment process
- Designing spaces for persons with neurological conditions
- Becoming more dementia friendly
If you have 5 minutes and want to make a real difference here in Guernsey, please #MakeAChange, and check out matter.gg for ideas on how you can get involved. The video below was the introductory video we posted online which gives you a good overview of the campaign, which at the time of writing had accumulated close to 10,000 views.
- Sony FS5 & SELP18200 Zoom Lens
- Manfrotto 546GBK Tripod & 504HD Head
- Rode NTG4+ & Rodelink Kit
- Sennheiser AVX Lav & Mic kit
- Final Cut Pro X
- Guernsey, Channel Islands